COOL-BOND™ PSA-3TC is a novel pressure sensitive in-situ curable thermal adhesive pad.
COOL-BOND™ PSA-3TC utilizes super fine alumina crystallite filled pressure sensitive interface film that provides instant bonding and thermal transfer. It is designed for thermal transfer and bonding of power devices and modules to heat sinks. Instant bond strength of over 200 psi upon pressing the parts together with less than 10 psi. The bond strength will increase in-situ while maintaining flexibility when the interface increases in temperature over 60ºC.
COOL-BOND™ PSA-3TC has high thermal conductivity and the low Tg adhesive imposes minimum thermal stress on bonded parts during thermal cycling or shock testing.
(1) Keep at room temperature for 15 minutes before using.
(2) Cut to desired size.
(3) Clean contact surfaces if needed.
(4) Remove one side of the release liner by peeling up a corner of the release liner. Fold the release liner over, approaching a 180º angle.
(5) Pull the release liner quickly, removing it with one stroke. Apply to substrate, then remove other side of release liner and attach parts with 10 psi or finger pressure for most components with less than 1 square inch bonding area.
(6) No curing is required for normal usage. Avoid skin contact whenever possible. Wash hands after usage.