High Compressibility, High-Temperature Applicable, High Thermal Conduction Fire Retardant Thermal Interface Pads for EV Battery Assembly
AIT’s compressible thermal interface pads have been carefully engineered to provide the combination of automatic assembly and placement between modules and EV structural-cooling plate system, high-temperature long-term reliability, and end-of-life recycling ease as an integral part of the solution. Additional features include:
- Low thermal resistance between cells to casing while providing UL V-0 fire-retardant as an integral part of the thermal conductivity engineering.
- Proven more than 30 years in thermal management reliability, non-curing molecular flexibility is specifically engineered in the thermal interface padding to provide shock and stress absorption between module and the battery frame structure and cooling plate system.
- Instead of high-strength thermal adhesives that are hard to recycle at the end of life, the non-bonding pads are easy to remove to recover the metals and other elements in the battery cells.
Gap and Surface Conforming, High Compressibility, Non-Curing, and Low Thermal Resistance Interface Pads:
- Long proven history of commercial and military electronic usages for high reliability thermal interfacing
- Shock absorbing mechanical interface engineered for ease in pick-and-place manufacturing operation
- Intrinsically fire-retardant self-extinguishing (UL 94V-0) for vehicle safety
- Designed for ease in reworking and end-of-life recycling for long-term viability
Gap and Surface Conforming with High Compressibility and Low Thermal Resistance Interface:
- Instead of thermal adhesive bonding, a compressible pad that conforms to gaps over a large surface area for the thermal interface between modules and the cooling structural system is more suitable for rework and end-of-life recycling. AIT designs this solution for ease in disassembly and individual module layer by layer recycling.
- AIT high compressible conforming pad has years of proven history of use in commercial and military systems for thermal management.
- This compressible conformal pad is available for different thicknesses for use in both flat and prismatic cells thermal interfaces as well as a module to the cooling system.